Home Solar Panels

With our domestic solar PV solutions, we’re committed to helping homeowners save money on their electricity bills while reducing their carbon footprint. We provide personalised installations tailored to your unique needs and preferences.

How Solar PV Panels Work

Solar PV panels operate through photovoltaics, which means converting light into electricity. This process combines “photo” (light) and “voltaic” (electricity). The essential principle involves certain materials capable of generating electricity when exposed to light. Although a single solar cell generates only a small amount of electricity, many cells are organised into modules or solar panels. One panel may contain about 60 tiny solar cells, and numerous panels are connected to create an array, ranging from 5 to 20 panels for typical domestic systems and potentially hundreds for commercial installations.

The Electricity Conversion Process

The electricity generated by these panels is transported via cables to an inverter positioned in your attic. This crucial component transforms the electricity from DC (direct current) to AC (alternating current), the standard form of electricity used in homes worldwide. Once converted, the AC power is distributed throughout your home, supplying electricity to all your outlets as usual. If your panels generate more power than your home consumes, the surplus can be directed to your electric immersion heater, providing you with free hot water. Once your water cylinder is heated, any remaining excess energy is fed back into the national grid, significantly reducing your electricity expenses.

Grid Connection and Green Benefits

In situations where your panels only produce 60% of your home’s power needs, the remaining 40% is drawn from the grid, which is the standard electricity supply from the ESB (Electricity Supply Board). By installing a solar PV solar panel system, you can enjoy enduring cost savings on your electricity bills, improve your Building Energy Rating (BER), and enhance your environmental profile.

System Size


No. of Solar Panels


8 Panels


10 Panels


12 Panels


Kilowatt Peak (max output)


3.2 kWp


4.1 kWp


4.9 kWp


Annual Generation


2,700 kWh


3,500 kWh


4,200 kWh

Annual Savings


Self Consumption of Solar Electricity


€720


€800


€860


Micro Generation of Exported Electricity


€200


€330


€440


Annual Savings


€920


€1,130


€1,300

Why Choose Solar Energy for Your Home?

Solar energy is a smart choice for your home, offering efficient power generation with just 1 square meter of silicon solar panels capable of producing 150W on sunny days. A 24-square-meter solar PV system can cover over 50% of your annual electricity needs, saving you money. Maintenance is minimal, and they work even on overcast days. Solar PV technology uses various semiconductor materials, with silicon being the most common. You can also integrate solar panels into your building materials or power consumer electronics, making it a versatile and eco-friendly energy solution.

Benefits of Installing Solar PV Panels

Substantial reduction in electricity costs.

Self-sufficiency in energy
production

Minimal
maintenance requirements

Environmentally friendly and quiet operation

Continuous power generation, even on cloudy days.

Our Domestic Solar PV Services

We offer a comprehensive range of services to ensure a seamless transition to solar energy:

Ready to see how much you could save on your energy bills?

Curious about the savings solar panels could bring to your energy bills? Contact us today, and we’ll provide you with a personalised estimate. Say goodbye to soaring energy costs and hello to eco-friendly power.

Get Your Estimate

Reach out for an estimate tailored to your needs. With our expert guidance, you’ll gain a clearer understanding of the potential energy and cost savings that await you.
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
What services do you require?
Roof type (Optional):
Battery
Your Message